Raw Chocolate Espresso Pie
Espresso beans can be used for more than just brewing a cup of coffee, they can also be used as a key ingredient to a tasty pie! Enjoy your espresso in this creamy, raw chocolate espresso pie filled with deliciousness in every bite!
Ingredients in Crust:
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded raw coconut
- 1/4 cup raw organic agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons raw coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Medicinal Foods Raw Cacao Powder
Ingredients in Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews*
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Medicinal Foods Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons raw organic agave nectar
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon espresso beans
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
- Spray a pie pan or round cake pan with nonstick spray or coconut oil and using a spatula, flatten crust out in bottom. Rub spatula over mixture so that it is smooth and then place in freezer until filling directions are complete.
- Combine cashews and water in a blender and pulse until mixture turns smooth.
- Add in raw cacao, coffee and agave and blend.
- Lastly, add in dates and espresso beans.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour filling over top, using a spatula to smoothen out if needed.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes or until mixture hardens; cut into slices and serve.
- Store in freezer or refrigerator – either will work.
Enjoy your pie!
*Soak cashews in water for at least six hours ahead of time.
Original recipe and photo courtesy of One Green Planet.